Monday, October 31, 2011

Washington Irving Superstitious in "Rip VanWinkle" More on Anglo-Saxon period

The United States is a wonderful place of freedom. I was reading for American Literature and I noticed how much more I was learning from Washington Irving about the period of the Anglo-Saxon wars. The United States is a wonderful place and so is England! I love England accents and they are wonderful people. However, I find it interesting and clever that at the end of the story the breaking away from England was the significant change that took place and the Revolutionary War was mentioned later. Irving must of understood what the brute was like. I was curious what I could find so I looked it up on the internet to see how "superstitious" Washington Irving really was. I'm already questioning how much of his writing he wrote with purpose and whether or not he had a mental illness. And think about how it says in the Bible that at times God would put war in their hearts for a certain outcome. So how good was the Anglo-Saxon wars?> Again, nothing against England but even in Beaowulf the Anglo-Saxon wars were demonic on the Anglo-Saxon side. So question for you..who is stronger the devil or God? What do you think, and again please do your research, don't be gullible and be careful what you read. I looked Anglo-Saxon up on the internet and there are all these sites in which left cookies on my computer. One of which said , "VooDoo." In other words witchcraft. So is it real, was it real or is it all psychology? The world is a very real place in which many supernatural events have taken place based upon the good and the bad. At the end of the story Washington Irving shows superstious and who liked to focus on the Salem Witch Trials? <-Washington Irving. Be careful what you leave into your heart and heavily guard it against the woes of the Earth. It was very interesting and a good read to learn about mindset. However, looking it up on the internet they used Amos 2:9 and Genesis 6:4. Christians now read that in your Bible. Does it say anything about the Nephilim winning the war? And wasn't it Moses that lead the Israelites out of the Wilderness? Here let me quote these for you so you can see that our Bible speaks the truth and is vital to today. Amos 2:9 "But as for me I have annihilated the Amorite on account of them, whose height was like the height of cedars, and who was vigorous like the massive trees; and I went annihilating his fruitage above and his roots below." In Revelation this is probably talking about the type of nation God would annihilate because of it's demonic existent. It never works believe me..if you bring reproach upon God you bring it upon yourself! Genesis 6:4 "The Nephilim proved to be in the Earth those days and also after that the sons of the [true] God continued to have relations with the daughters of men, and they bore sons to them, they were the mighty ones of old, the men of fame." ~ However later God destroyed this breed from the Earth. Demons don't live in us by the way we are just influenced by them. So fame lasts a short time for those who despise God. It last longer for loving him because he isn't the cause of these injustices of the world. Proving there is a Satan and there is a God. People made in God's image and People made after the Father of the Lie.

Matthew 13:35 "I will open my moth with illustrations. I will publish things hidden since the founding."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home